Sunday, August 7, 2011

David Reeves

Watercolour is where my heart is. It was the first medium I ever ever ever used, and is definitely the medium I identify with the most. David Reeves is a great watercolour artist. He lets the paint do its thing and soak into the paper. (Unfortunately, his pieces aren't compatible for me to upload on my blog, so you have to visit his page for images.) His piece titled Resurfacing is a great example of him working with the medium and allowing it to do what watercolour does to create the overall intense explosion of color in the painting. However, his piece titled End of the Cod shows his ability to manipulate the medium and to give his artwork a sense of control. His portfolio very much shows his various abilities in watercolour. As an artist, specifically a watercolourist, I find inspiration in his use of color and his simple ability to create intensity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment