Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Folk Feather Art

Yayyyy feathers! So I found something very similar to what we saw on my trip to Panama and Costa Rica - and that's using feathers completely as the medium. Not really what I'm going for, but inventive and innovative none the least. Keep in mind that as poor as American artists are, Caribbean artists are in a much worse situation. For many of them it's not about being an artist to be original, it's about being an artist to support their family and going about whatever means possible to do it. So really it's about art for survival, and in so these people create around the only thing they know: what they see around them every day. And for many of us out here in mega highway American paradise, their everyday is our idea of exotic.  Trippyyyyyyyyyy.


Disclaimer: the pieces we bought were much better than this. I'll post them as soon as I dig them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment