Monday, August 8, 2011

Kate MccGwire

Well hiiiii! I just wanted to note that the posting time for this is 10:32, and I am squeezing in a blog post between my job from 5am-10am today, and my other job 11am-7pm. DEDICATION, right there. I should also note that I am already exhausted and have absolutely no idea how I will get through 8 more hours of working today... so I may not make a whole lot of sense.

I discovered Kate MccGwire today. She uses feathers. And the volume and detail of her work is literally like the most incredible thing I've ever seen done with a feather. In fact, I feel like a goofus next to her with my dinky little "oh I saw feather paintings on my trip to Panama and Costa Rica and now I'm inspired to paint some of my own shit on them!" thing I got going on over here. Just scroll and be amazed.







She knows what she's doing with a feather. Oh and she's been featured by the Museum of Art and Design in New York City, no big deal. She's quickly become one of my favorite artists and a huge inspiration to me sheerly by how talented she is at what she does.






No comments:

Post a Comment