Saturday, August 6, 2011

I hate the Post Office.

I ordered my materials to get going on my project about a month ago. They have yet to arrive. Obviously the materials I'm working with aren't exactly things you can just roll into Michaels and buy. I contacted the company, they said they'd shipped it. It appears that the Post Office has lost my stuff. Which is fantastic. So I re-ordered feathers from a different company AND I paid a little extra for fast delivery. Hopefully now the Post Office will take me a little more seriously. Also, they owe me like $60 for FEATHERS that they lost. I was not joking around with this, I'm pissed.
It appears I am going to have to use some of my earlier ideas from before my big inspirational trip to get everything done in time. It's a make it work moment. And maybe I can figure out a way to incorporate them into my little collection of artwork. I'm sure I can manipulate them a little and then my artwork will have a bit of variety going on. This is not a desirable situation at ALL, I'm going to do what I can with it. Especially since we're creeping on the 2 week mark on going back to school. 
Just updating my blog with my life story. Pretty much venting.
Anyway. To get over my bad mood, I decided to go out back and sit poolside with my dog while I got some work done. It's a miracle my laptop is still dry, they love to swim and splash.

She's a diva.

My dogs are my favorite part about coming home. I mean they're really hilarious. That one is Lola. It's not that she's my favorite... she's just a lot more photogenic than Ruffas. Plus she's funnier. So, I'm lying out by the pool, researching, working on my ever-developing artist statement, submitting my resume to virtually every employer in Newport News, plus working on this whole new Career Profile that CNU highly recommends. Totally fun stuff while I let the sunshine wash my blues away (Zac Brown Band's words, not mine). And I start looking at our pool shed, which my parents had me paint when I was 14.


It hurts my eyes a little too. In all fairness, I was 14 and I had a limited color palette since we were using old house paint. I'm just happy I pulled off a gradient in the sand. Let's not talk about the tiki men. This is everything I want to AVOID. It's cliche. 

No comments:

Post a Comment