Thursday, August 4, 2011

Feather Paintings

I went ahead and found some examples of Folk Feather Art. Now understand this. First of all, these literally use the feather as a canvas and exemplify the extent of detail that one CAN actually put on a feather. Personally, I intend to maintain some qualities of the feather and allow it to sort of do its thing. Not cover the entire feather to the point where it looks like paper. Secondly, just about everything I found that is published on the internet is Native American, not so much Caribbean. I also realize that a lot of this is kitchy. BUT, that being said, this is in essence feather painting.




I actually pulled these images from blogs of people who have travelled and bought their own feather art from the locals. And the bottom one is from a blog on Native American culture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment