Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Silvia Pelissaro

I'm such a fan of Watercolour. It is, in my opinion, one of the most unique mediums. And it truly shows an artist's ability in how it's handled. I admire watercolourists, especially those who know what they're doing and know how to manipulate the paint.
Silvia Pelissaro is a pretty talented watercolourist. And forgive me for being short, brcause I am now blogging on my iPhone while I'm on my break at work... But her use of color is bright and bold and shows careful placement, as not to create ugly washes where contrasting hues blend.
Her pieces are smoothly blended, washy, and color blocked cleverly. Her brushstrokes are quick but meaningful, and she includes a lot of detail in specific parts of the painting, like the lips and in the pupils.


No comments:

Post a Comment