Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wayne Crothers

I found an exhibition in the Library of Congress (who knew it wasn't just books?!) on Contemporary Japanese Prints from the 50th College Women's Association of Japan Print Show. Japanese art isn't exactly my thing, but I found a lot of the prints sort of intoxicating, and decided to look through the entire online exhibition. A few select pieces not only caught my eye, but blew me away. Now I'm sly, so I'm giving each piece their own post. Because, volume is important. This post is all about Wayne Crothers and his piece Show Me the Way


COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR COLOR!!!!!!! I cannot express how much I love Crothers' use of color and the way he layers it. Not to mention the subject matter of the working man along with the patterned background, mainly the sky. Is it a fence? Is that a wheel? Whatever it is, it flows.

No comments:

Post a Comment